Sunday, February 10, 2013

American Music Awards 1989 - Tommy Conwell and the Young Rumblers

Tommy and the Young Rumblers perform "Love's On Fire."

The following is a recreation of many similar conversations DJ Caterina has had in reference to a certain video performance clip. Names are fictitious to protect the innocent, except for DJ Caterina. Because if you don't know me by now, you will never never never know me...
 

John Doe: Hi, DJ Caterina! Do you have a copy of Tommy Conwell and the Young Rumblers performance of "Love's On Fire" at the American Music Awards in January of 1989? Can you post it?

DJ Caterina: Hi! Thanks for asking! Great question and a highly popular request around awards season. Yes, I own a copy. No, I can't post it.

John Doe: What?!!

DJ Caterina: Well, "John" -- if you must know -- here's the story. Video of Tommy Conwell and the Young Rumblers' performance of "Love's On Fire" has been posted to YouTube several times by many others - but not by me, DJ Caterina. And each time the video makes an appearance, it has been forcibly taken down by those who own the copyright. 

In summary, you will not find an embedded post of this video on Audio Rumble.


John Doe: Ah, man. I really was hoping to see that


DJ Caterina: Yeah, sorry to disappoint you. It's an awesome video. Quite a shame, really.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, I recorded that show on VHS and was blown away by the performance. I don't know what happened to that tape. I was looking on youtube and the internet for the video and came across this blog. Sad news that no one can show it. I'd love to see it again.

DJ Caterina said...

The video is here.... just don't spread it around too much!

http://youtu.be/GQXRibZFdck

Anonymous said...

Wow!! I've been thinking about this for over 20 years. Awesome!!! Thanks!!!!! What amazed me the first time I saw it was the guitar solo in the audience. It still blows me away!! It looked like LL Cool J was rocking out in his seat during the solo. Loved it!