Friday, November 28, 2008
Reviews for Tommy Conwell and the Young Rumblers' opening act gig at The Electric Factory on Thanksgiving Eve have been coming in -- DJ Caterina has graciously received the following highlights:
- Jim C. said, "Tommy was great! He really looked happy to be playing in front of a Philly crowd again! He sold his first release "Walkin' on the Water" on CD for the first time and autographed them. He played every song from that release except “Million Pretty Girls” (which bummed me out a little because it’s a great tune!). …Chris Day was jamming pretty good, and Paul, Rob, and Jim played their usual solid parts in a great show!"
- Tommy M. at MySpace captured some great concert shots (including the great picture above) and made the statement: "Tommy thinks that the Young Rumblers oughta tour the world!"
- Smallest Mom Ever on MySpace: "Tommy was perfect--this was the best concert yet. i had so much fun. they rocked the house!"
- (Note: These videos have been set to private.) See some brief clips from the concert: Love's On Fire, I'm Home and I'm Not Your Man. Courtesy of teachrMom on YouTube.
- Mark Tassoni Photography has some great images, too!
DJ Caterina stayed in Dallas for Thanksgiving weekend with her family and friends -- selfish, I know!
Friday, November 21, 2008
Monday, November 17, 2008
Tommy Conwell and Young Rumblers – MTV Walk On, 1988
An interview with Tommy Conwell and the Young Rumblers, featuring Chris Day and Rob Miller. Promotion for Rumble, 1988. With Adam Curry.
Tommy rocks every party - including the one happenin' at the Electric Factory next week!
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Get ready to party in the town that rocked the nation - Phi- Philadelphia - PA!"
It's the concert of the year -- WMMR Gobblaroo 2008 featuring The Hooters with Tommy Conwell and the Young Rumblers at the Electric Factory in Philadelphia.
Go to LiveNation.com and order your tickets. It’s gonna be a great show!
Get your party started early with some ‘old-school’ videos from The Hooters and Tommy Conwell and the Young Rumblers.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Magazine feature article on the release of 'Rumble' by Tommy Conwell and the Young Rumblers.
Cheers | Made In Philadelphia
A quick rundown of the fruits of various hometown labors, all either coming soon or available in finer stores everywhere:
Rumble, the debut album of Tommy Conwell and the Young Rumblers, on Columbia Records. It's produced by Rick Chertoff and features collaborations with Robert Hazard and Eric Bazilian and Rob Hyman of The Hooters. Conwell says, "I'll miss Philadelphia when we tour the country this fall, because we're so deeply rooted here. There's no guarantee that we'll be playing larger places, but it'll be nice to come home."
Saturday, November 1, 2008
DJ Caterina was really rootin' for the Phillies in the World Series this year -- yes, even all the way from Dallas! So congrats, Phillies, for a fantastic win! To celebrate the victory, DJ Caterina is sharing a picture of Tommy Conwell singing our nation's National Anthem at a Philadelphia Little League game in 2006. Image courtesy of Dennis H.