Sunday, January 6, 2013

"I wanna smoke cigarettes..."

The following is an excerpt from an article originally found on www.mpprojects.com/tc.

"If you have ever seen Tommy live, you will recognize the 'cigarette' routine during "Walkin' on the Water." I must say that I miss hearing some of the old Rumblers tunes at shows, but his newer stuff is great, too. I have seen Tommy Conwell over 20 times in the last 12 years, most of these times traveling nearly 3 hours to get to the club. The first time I ever saw him, I had to go with my parents as they were the only way my 16 year-old self could get in! My dad still says to this day... I tell ya, that man had a nasty mouth!

When I was in college, a friend and I drove 4 hours just to listen to him play from the back door parking lot of Scandals in Ocean City, Maryland. We were too young to get in, but was it fun listening. We got our highlight when he came around back during "Workout" and actually was playing near our car. It was awesome!!!

The funny part was when nobody would let Tommy back in the door to get on stage. He was kicking at the door for a good couple of minutes!"

No comments: