Saturday, June 26, 2010

"No Depression" Buzz Zeemer Article - 1999



The following is an overheard exchange between DJ Caterina and a co-worker this past week.

Co-worker: So, what kind of music do you listen to again?

DJ Caterina: Well, when it comes to music, I just love me some Philly. Y'know, that late '80's stuff from Tommy Conwell, the Hooters, Flight of Mavis. It's all Daryl Hall's fault. Even these days, I just can't get enough of his show, 'Live from Daryl's House" -- it's sweet

Co-worker: Uh...yeah. Hooters? I thought you didn't like that restaurant? Hey, some friends and I were going to go see the Celtic Thunder concert in the fall. Up for it?
 
DJ Caterina: Geez, Celtic Thunder. That music and performance has about as much to do with Ireland as McDonald's does to fine dining. Nah, I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to see Frank Brown perform at The Grape Street Pub -- oh, I mean, The Grape Room -- in Philly on a Tuesday night without losing at least three working days.

 
Co-worker: Hmmm...OK. Right. (steps away slowly)

 
DJ Caterina: No, seriously! My time on the weekend is so spent. I still have at least two PRISM concert performances to post from Buzz Zeemer on YouTube. But since I won't have that much time this weekend, I'll post a July-August No Depression 1999 Buzz Zeemer article written by Phil Sheridan...hey, where did everybody go?

No comments: