Friday, February 13, 2009

Thanks But No Thanks - Neuroticus Maximus




DJ Caterina just purchased "Thanks But No Thanks," previously unreleased music from Tommy Conwell and the Young Rumblers online at the Tommy Conwell Store:
"Never released music by Tommy Conwell and the Young Rumblers - Originally titled Neuroticus Maximus, recorded at A&M Studio in Los Angeles and produced by Ed Stasium (Ramones, Smithereens, Soul Asylum) in 1992, this album has never seen the light of day until now..."
- Tommy Conwell Store
----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Around 1992 The Young Rumblers made an album that MCA paid for, but never put out. It's a good recording, was a little different for us at the time, and is pretty good, I think. I don't like the original title, so I renamed it Thanks But No Thanks. It's available now for the first time ever at tommyconwellstore.com. I hope you like it."

-
Tommy Conwell, 2009
DJ Caterina has heard Neuroticus Maximus many times, both the original and the demos. Favorite track is "Up Around The Way" - dig the opening guitar riff and the lyrics:
"...it's what you are, not who you know."

Purchase Thanks But No Thanks today!

Tracks:
 
1. Up Around The Way
2. More Than This
3. Punktuality
4. Terrified
5. I Wanted You
6. I Wish
7. The Devil's Touch
8. I Like You
9. You've Given Up

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Do you know if this (formerly Neuroticus Maximus) is in lossless (FLAC) or is it in MP3? I've had it on MP3 forever (Punktuality is my favorite song) but when I purchase things I want them to be in lossless format.

Thanks.

DJ Caterina said...

Hi Anonymous!

It looks like when I downloaded this album -- Neuroticus Maximus -- from the Tommy Conwell store (back in 2009), that the files were in MP3 form.

Hope that answers your question.

DJ Caterina

Anonymous said...

When WMMR previewed the original album there was a 10th song called “I Get Around” ( not the Beach Boys song.