- Sept. 15 - You can hear Tommy Conwell and the Young Rumblers' Guitar Trouble online in its entirety on YouTube.
- Sept. 16 - A record review of TCYR's "Guitar Trouble" [demo] from AllMusic's Stephen Thomas Erlewine:
"...the best moments are quite effective -- the title track, "Guitar Trouble," rocks like nobody's business, "Hard as a Rock" gets that heartland rock anthem right in a way "Rumble" didn't quite do, and "I'm Seventeen" does have a ragged heart. Tellingly, those are all compositions credited to Conwell alone, suggesting that he may have known what he was about better than his major label benefactors."
- Sept. 17 - Tommy Conwell promotional image - Columbia Records, 1990.
- Sept. 18 - A second performance from Tommy Conwell and the Young Rumblers on The John DeBella Show in November 1990. The band rocks "Let Me Love You Too" -- go TCYR!
- Sept. 19 - Covering Tommy Conwell and the Young Rumblers’ "I'm Seventeen" from Guitar Trouble is Swiss musician, Walti Huber, a folk singer-songwriter.
- Sept. 20 - Guitar Trouble advertisement, 1990.
- Sept. 21 - Gus Van Zant, director of Good Will Hunting (1997) and My Own Private Idaho (1991), directed Tommy Conwell and the Young Rumblers’ music video for “I’m Seventeen” on location in Portland, Oregon.
- Sept. 22 - Houston Chronicle Review - Nov. 11, 1990
"Philadelphia's Tommy Conwell makes strides on his second album, Guitar Trouble. Thanks to the hippest producer in the land, Pete Anderson (Dwight Yoakam, Michelle Shocked), Conwell distances himself from the commercial pop-rock of his debut and embarks on a detour into basic blues-rock that makes no apologies for being white, young and British, circa 1965. The result is cocky enough to overcome its stylistic limitations." [Three and 1/2 stars]
- Sept. 23 - Tommy Conwell video interview for Guitar Trouble.
- Sept. 24 - The Pittsburgh Press - Nov. 20, 1990: "Tommy Conwell's Rumbling Pays Off"
- Sept. 25 - Words on 25th anniversary of Guitar Trouble from Cyndy Drue.
Thursday, October 1, 2015
Tommy Conwell and the Young Rumblers - 25th Anniversary of Guitar Trouble
Every day from Sept. 15-25, Audio Rumble celebrates the 1990 album release of Tommy Conwell and the Young Rumblers’ Guitar Trouble with a retrospective featuring articles, audio, images, interviews, video and lots more!